Our client was contracted by Eton College to refurbish and upgrade student accommodation and improve living areas for over 100 staff and students. The scheme involved a high quality refurbishment of 50 study-bedrooms at Evan’s House and the construction of a three-storey extension within an adjoining courtyard. Beard delivered the scheme in phases to enable the boarding residence to remain open and operational throughout the project.
They were also awarded a second project to refurbish and upgrade the student boarding facilities at Farrer House.
Contract Value: £1.4 million
- Delivered a solution based on the logistical constraints on site, minimising disruption to daily college life.
- This was a live project and strict timings for waste movements were paramount.
- A variety of containers were used throughout the project demonstrating a flexible solution, whilst also giving consideration to the build programme and materials schedule, thus neutralising waste costs where possible.
- Full segregation on site for all construction, office/welfare and hazardous wastes.
- Advised and reported for BREEAM & CCS accreditation, with full post completion report on delivery of the project.