This project required the transformation of a neglected brownfield site overtaken by self-sown scrub trees. Phase One included the marketing suite and enabling and infrastructure works. Phase Two works comprised the construction of residential accommodation and facilities for this purpose-built community.
The village care building is at the centre of the development comprising 36 care bedrooms and 17 close care apartments, surrounded by seven two-storey and three-storey buildings, hosting 54 assisted living apartments and linked by a network of pedestrian routes in landscaped grounds. Further works included the construction of an external central plant building for incoming services. The village core includes a restaurant, café, library, community centre and wellness centre (with swimming pool, sauna, steam room, studio, gymnasium and treatment rooms). Hard and soft landscaping completed the works.
Contract Value - £18.2mill
Duration – 63 weeks
- Assisted with site set up and formulating site waste management plan.
- Full segregation on site for all construction and hazardous wastes.
- Logistical space allowed the use of larger waste containers, thus reducing CO2 emissions for waste movements.
- AWS also managed the removal of welfare wet waste from site along with the delivery of potable water due to restricted services.
- Advised and reported for BREEAM & CCS accreditation, with full post completion report.